Skip to main content

BFC Ink Pen Pals - Elsa from Sweeden (fan story)

Elsa

Hi everyone!


I am one of the newest Pen Pal members of the BFC Ink... That is Best Friends' Club Ink... Ink for Pen Pals, and because it sounds formal.  I live in Sweeden and am excited to have friends all over the world!

I love writing to my friends.  The girls in the US are so cute with their outfits and so fun with their adventures!  I especially enjoy keeping up with Yuko Style which Yuko and Kaitlin are doing a great job with, and Calista has taken some very beautiful photos.  Addison, Aliesha. amd Noelle are really fantastic too, so talented all of them!

We met through our school's pen pal program, and they've connected their assigned pen pals with each other too!  I've gotten to write to Carmen from Mexico, Nicolette from France, and Brit from England!  The girls who are in Europe are easy enough for me to visit but Mexico is a bit harder although when I plan my US visit I can plan a Mexico visit too.  We are planning to all unite over the summer and hope to travel to each other when we are in college too!

I live in Sweeden, and it gets cold here in the winter.  The girls made a joke that I can be the snow queen from Frozen.

I'd like to tell you a little about my country!


  • Sweden is the 3rd largest EU country in land area, after France and Spain.

  • Sweden is one of the homelands of the Germanic ethnicity and culture. The Goths, the Suevirs and the Norses (Vikings) all trace their origin back to Sweden (as well as Norway and Denmark for the latter).

  • In the 9th and 10th centuries, Swedish Vikings invaded and settled in parts of Eastern Europe as far as Constantinople and the Caspian Sea. They founded the first kingdom of Russia. All the Tsars of Russia until the last one, Nicholas II, were of Swedish Viking descent.
  • As of 2006, Sweden had won 588 (winter and summer) Olympic medals, a feat only excelled by 6 much more populous countries (the USA, the USSR, Italy, France, Germany and the UK).
  • Sweden has given the world some of the greatest pop bands and singers, including Abba, The Cardigans, Roxette, Ace of Base, Carola HÀggkvist, Army of Lovers, Robyn, A*Teens, Europe and Alcazar.
  • The astronomical lense is a Swedish invention.

  • As of late 2012, Sweden had obtained 30 Nobel prizes, including 5 Peace prizes. This is the 5th highest number of laureates in the world, and the highest per capita ratio for any country with over 1 million inhabitants. Of course Nobel Prizes are awarded by Sweden (except the Peace Prize, awarded by Norway).


  • Sweden has the highest number of McDonald restaurants per capita in Europe (although that is only about half of the US ratio).


  • Me on the slopes!

    I was excited to learn Addison is very sporty because I love to skii!  it is very fun but very challenging!  I told Addison we should go skiing sometime and she got very excited!

    To be honest I look forward to jet skiing more than anything!  I dream of the beach!  I am a little concerned I will get very sunburned as my skin is so fair, but I do not mind as long as I get to spend time at a warmer beach!

    We do stay warm easy here is Sweeden by relaxing by the fire, or in hot hot tub, but mostly we just enjoy the usual weather!

    My favorite thing about living in Sweeden is the Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights!  It is awe inspiring and I cannot possibly describe the spark they ignite within your soul to gaze up upon them!  I also learned not many people can see so many stars in the US.  Where I live you can!

    Northern Lghts over Arjeplog, Lapland, Sweeden

    I hope someday you can visit Sweeden, you will not regret it!


    Find me next time to learn more about Sweeden and about my adventures!

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Friends, Fights, and BIG Secrets - Kaitlin's Diary: Before the BFC

    Sunday 9:30 PM I can't sleep.  Tomorrow is my first day at a new school and I can't stop thinking about it.  What if no one likes me?  What if they all hate me? My big sister, Katie, thinks I'm worrying too much.  "Stop stressing!" she said, after I started wailing down the phone to her earlier.  "You're so fab, I bet you'll make loads of new friends at Green Meadow." I hope she's right.  At my old school, there were only a few of us in my class.  That's one of the reasons why it was closed down.  Green Meadow is much bigger. I just wish I could be more like my sister sometimes.  She never EVER gets stressed out.  Even though she writes for a magazine and has loads of deadlines to meet, she still keeps her cool.  Not like me. I once did a project on the environment t and ever since then I've been nagging Dad and his girlfriend, Jen, to recycle more things. Like my baby brother's disposable diapers, for i...

    Syren's Full BFC Ink Collection as of 11/6/2017

    Short Summary no Commentary Full Video with Commentary

    Friends, Fights, and BIG Secrets - Calista's Diary

    Wednesday 4:30 pm When it comes to keeping secrets, I am officially the Queen of Sealed Lips.  I can't tell you hoe many totally hush-hush things I know about my friends.  Until today, I've never had to keep one from them. It all started when Ms. Street asked me to stay after school.  Aliesha, Noelle, Addison, and Kaitlin gave me a funny look, but I didn't have any more of an idea than they did. "Teacher's Pet." whispered Dina, as she left the room with everyone else.  I just ignored her. Anyway. it turned out Ms. Street wanted to talk to me about this special project for the top-secret class Fun Day. OPERATION CLASS FUN DAY DATE: Last day of the semester MISSION:  Write questions for prize winning-quiz MISSION EXTRA:  Be quiz host on the day (a little like that cute guy on "Lucky Numbers", so dreamy!). PROS:  I already know loads of amazing facts, which I can turn into great questions. CONS:  Keeping it from my friend...